Tuesday 15 January 2013

Running in the snow... Are you mad?!?

So week 2 was off to a snowy start. Still incredibly cold, so on Monday I stayed in and did my P&D weights session, looking at it on paper, it looked easy, however, it turned out it was actually quite challenging- especially step ups followed by weighted lunges.

On Tuesday morning I woke up earlier than I needed, looked outside and saw the snow and thought, this 3 mile run ain't gonna happen... I went back to bed, and had a mental fight with myself, trying to come up with excuses that would have justified not going out... 'You might slip and injure yourself', 'you'll probably have a train delay so should leave for work early' etc etc. eventually I decided if it was really slippy, I would turn back, but I would go out there. My procrastination meant I only had time to do 2.5 miles. The cold meant it took me a long time to warm up, so the whole run was on the slow side. But that's ok, it's a recovery run.

Now I know my trail shoes work just fine in snow, there's no excuse not to run because of weather, however, I still don't have good kit for when its properly pouring with rain. Can anyone recommend anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment