Wednesday 23 January 2013

Don't stop me now

So I decided to do my 5-miler at lunchtime today, as I was working from home. I had so much energy that at mile 2 I decided I would do miles 2 and 4 at race pace. This was all fine until I hit the icy patches. I ended up doing a new route and stumbled upon high woods country park. I thought snow had melted by now, but as you can see from the pictures, this wasn't the case.

Just after mile 4, my foot niggle came back. I think this is down to weakness from my pulled calf last year, some calf raises when I got home confirmed this. The left one was considerably weaker than the right, so I'll be adding daily calf raising to try to strengthen it.

I also joined tribesports today, a social network for sports nuts, and I've taken a bunch of challenges. One is 100 push ups... Of course there's an app for that, so it's downloaded, and I did day 1 today... Hopefully this extra strength will help!

So, here's to successful week 3, onwards and upwards!





No comments:

Post a Comment