Sunday 27 January 2013

Races for 2013

Sunday morning and I'm sitting watching the Australian Open tennis final with Andy Murray. I've been meaning to post about my race plan for the year and my ambitious goal to get a pb in each race.

So here it is; the ones in brackets I haven't yet submitted my entry:

17/3 Colchester Half Marathon
23/3 Orion 15
14/4 (East London Half Marathon)
12/5 Halstead and Essex Marathon
26/5 Westminster Mile
27/5 Bupa 10000
9/6 Karrimor Great Trail Challenge (22km)
30/6 (Mersea Island Race) (12.2mile)
17/8 (Race the Train) (14miles)
8/9 (Bacchus Half Marathon)
6/10 Bournemouth Marathon

The Bacchus half is a wine race so I'll forego the pb I that one, as you can see many of these races have odd distances so the pbs are guaranteed- and I've never raced at the mile distance :-)

For the first half of the year all the races are quite local so I can really buckle down and train hard for them, with some travel for the second half of the year

6 miles later today, should be easy now all the snow has melted :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment