Monday 14 January 2013

Planning week 2


Good Morning.

Week 1 of the Higdon plan complete.  I’m incredibly glad I did a 3 week build up before beginning this training plan.  My 2012 was so full of injuries, there is no way I would have had the residual fitness to have done a 24 mile week, however, I managed it and it was fairly easy.  The Dryathlon (no alcohol) for January is certainly helping too.  So, week 2 is not that much different.  We go up to 25 miles by increasing the long run distance.  The Pace run on Saturday becomes an ordinary run, however, I’m quite tempted to go and do a Parkrun on Saturday, and perhaps follow it with a couple of easy miles to loosen up and make the distance.  I’m now on the volunteer committee trying to get a Parkrun started in Colchester, so I want to see how an event runs.

Week 2 looks like this:
Monday:  Cross Train
Tuesday: 3 miles easy
Wednesday: 5 mile run
Thursday: 3 miles easy
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5 mile run (might switch for a 5k Parkrun plus 2 miles easy – (warm up and cool down)
Sunday: 9 mile run

Given the build up I had before, this seems to me more like a consolidation week, so I will focus on staying healthy- eating well, getting enough sleep, staying warm enough on the run with the snow so that I can step it up in the coming weeks.  Looking over the plan, the future weekly mileage scares me in places – up to 44 miles sometimes.  I may modify those weeks- I don’t see the benefit of extra miles on those easy days (Tues/Thurs), but we’ll see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment