Sunday 13 January 2013

Back in Colchester

Today after a golf lesson in the icy cold, I set out for my 8 mile long run. I decided to try to cover the first part of the course for the Colchester Half Marathon, to try to get an idea for the incline, that run up north hill early on in the race will be a tough one, but might help save me from going out too fast. Hopefully there's still pb potential despite the hills. I shall have to explore the country part of the route next weekend to make sure of this. The run went pretty well, though i wasn't very disciplined on pacing here, tending to go faster than the 10:40 I set on my garmin. Looking at my heart rate afterwards however, I think this was ok. I sped up for the last 2 miles. Splits were as follows:
Mile 1: 10:27
Mile 2: 10:20
Mile 3: 10:26
Mile 4: 10:06
Mile 5: 10:16
Mile 6: 10:09
Mile 7: 9:20
Mile 8: 9:39

I've been reading what seasoned runners know as P&D, so this evening I did a stretching session plus core work. I'm going to try and out these in 3 times a week from now. Core session was ok, though my balance on the Swiss ball was a bit off-rolling around all over the place!

In summary, goal for the week 24 miles.... And I did it, all sessions complete. Feel great and looking forward to continue like this. Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment