Saturday 1 June 2013

Juneathon day 1: 9 mile run

So, despite still having a bit of a cough, I decided I would go ahead with my 9 mile run, and that I'd do it on a hilly route as I have a 14 mile trail race in the Lake District next weekend.

I set out at an easy pace, and was flying. Was at the pace I was trying to keep for my recent marathon (see earlier post Halstead and Essex Marathon). I decided I would slow down if it felt to hard, but my legs kept taking me along at around that pace, so I thought I'd enjoy it after being made to rest. It was as if my body had decided after the marathon that it would make me sick so that it could rebuild my muscles to that higher specification to be able to run a marathon at that pace easily. Isn't the human body amazing?

The paces jump around a bit, but it was hilly:
Mile 1: 9:50
Mile 2: 9:23
Mile 3: 9:46
Mile 4: 9:19
Mile 5: 9:30
Mile 6: 9:18
Mile 7: 9:33
Mile 8: 9:51
Mile 9: 9:15

The last 3 seconds were at 7mm pace too. I'm glad that this speed felt easy today, but not sureif it's because I'm faster or because I've had so much rest.

Does this mean I can do my sub 4 marathon in the autumn?

2 comments:

  1. A great start to #juneathon. Well done and good luck for the remainder of the month.

    ReplyDelete