Monday 4 March 2013

Summary of week 8

Well after last week's long run, the lower leg pain got worse, and turned into a painful limp on Monday. On Tuesday I stayed home from work to RICE, and I think that really helped. Still didn't feel 100% by Wednesday, so another day of rest. On Thursday I gave into the excessive marketing and bought some Adidas boost trainers, and so I had to try them out on Thursday. I did a 4 mile easy run, and whilst the leg was tight for the first 3 miles, it did seem that the run helped rather than made worse the problem.
I had another day off on Friday, as I needed to prepare for being away at the weekend.

Saturday was a 6 mile fartlek in Nottignham, where I did mile 5 at half marathon pace and mile 6 at marathon pace- the whole run ended up averaging marathon pace :-)
And Sunday I managed an easy 4 miles whilst my friends were at mass.

Today I took the day off to do my long run. The plan says 15, but I did 17 so I can have a bit of a step back the week before my half marathon:

Summary of the run:

made it a more functional run, as I had a Dr. appt at 9, so ran 2 miles there, and had the appointment- she was rather annoyed that i'd run there as she needed to take my blood pressure, which was obviously high from fuelling my method of transportation! 2 miles back, to go to toilet and retrieve sunglasses, as the sun had popped out, and then out again for 13 miles, along my usual Wivenhoe trail route, which is beautiful when its sunny. though I thought I was going off road, but these trails are pretty hard when its dry (clay), so I was scared I would feel it, but seem to be a ok . I planned to do the whole run slow and put in a few MP miles toward the end if I felt I could, but also didn't want to push it, as this was upping the distance and the recent niggles I've had. What ended up happening was more of a progressive run. I think partly because what I consider my easy pace is now too easy- I've certainly found on the shorter runs that I can't stay that slow any more (10.40). Here are the splits.

1: 9:44 (was a bit late leaving to get to Dr on time)

2: 10:22

3: 10:21

4: 10:28

5: 10:46

6: 10:32

7: 10:32

8: 10:33

9: 10:16

10: 10:08

11: 10:18

12: 10:14

13: 9:54

14: 9:46

15: 9:35

16: 9:41

17: 10:29

I put chia seeds in my drink, I think this gave me wings.... Overall average pace was about 10:15, though due to going home between my garmin recorded a 4 mile run and a 13 mile run, as it autodownloaded the data when i got near my computer.


So in total 31 miles for the week if we move the week on a day. Really glad I took the rest days seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment