Sunday 24 March 2013

Planning week 12

Well I've done two races in the last two weeks, but have also been a bit lax on the other training. The Orion 15 has left me with a minor groin strain, but am hoping when all my other muscles have loosened up I'll no longer notice it. I've just slathered my legs with deep heat to help them- smells a bit medical around me now. The prescribed plan ends with a 13 mile long run- I should have been upto 18 already- did the 15 mile XC with 3 hours on my feet count? Anyway, perhaps since it's a long weekend I could consider doing the 20 miler this week instead of next?

Anyway, the plan says this:
Monday: cross train (I WILL do weights and core- been lax on this too)
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 5 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday: rest
Saturday: 8 miles pace
Sunday: 13 mile LSR

Total: 36 miles

I'm looking forward to seeing what marathon race pace feels like after my recent races. Hopefully they will have contributed to making a 9:44 min mile pace seem easy. The success of my half marathon has had me questioning my marathon time aim. Double the time and you get 3:52. Most race calculators say 4:02 and common sense tells me to ad another 10 mins to that, making it 4:12, which over 26.2 miles isn't all that different to 4:15. I should stick to my guns and pace a good race, with the goal of running throughout. I know what this feels like from my half, and in the past, it's stopping to walk that has really really held me back. Now all I need is some weather that will be more like race day. At least I have a semi training camp in France, with some mountains nearby-hopefully that would give me a good training kicker as well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment