Monday 11 March 2013

Planning week 10- half marathon taper

Well, the big run this week will be my half marathon on Sunday. Very excited as I'm on track for a pb, though I have slight concern that my whole body has been quite achy the last 2 days. I think maybe my massage on Saturday was a bit brutal. I'm hoping its that and not some illness.

So, running this week will be quite easy, with some half marathon paced miles to get me used to it. I'm going to pace for a 1:57, and then pick points I can begin to speed up from so I can exceed this goal. A 7 mile run a few weeks ago told me tht I should be able to do 1:57 fine and probably should aim faster. What is more key this week is what I eat. I'm going to spend some time this evening looking at the nutrition plans given by the asics 26.2 nutritionist for their Half marathon. They all got pbs, and they put a lot down to the nutritional aspect.

Monday: core and strength
Tuesday: 4 miles easy
Wednesday: 5 miles easy
Thursday: 4 miles easy
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest (also volunteering at Ipswich park run)
Sunday: Colchester Half marathon

Total: 26.1 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment