Monday 11 March 2013

Week 9 Summary

Well, I never posted a plan for this week. It was really a hectic week with a business trip to Dublin taking me away from home from Wednesday to Friday. 17 miles on Monday meant I shifted my usual day off running to Tuesday, planning to resume the week on Wednesday with an easy 4 miles. In honesty, I poorly planned, not realising I wouldn't get to my hotel until just before 10pm, and was fairly dehydrated and headachy at this point.
I had to do my runs on the treadmill, and well the gym I went to was pretty unique- seemed asit it had been decorated as a nightclub then they just decided to put loads of exercise equipment in it!
Had a pretty good run on Saturday. 8 miles, incorporating a marathon paced mile as well as a 'as fast as I can' mile which I did in 7:50.
Decided on an extra rest day on Sunday so that my 7 day total wasn't 50 miles.
I'm getting to the point where the training volume is a bit frustrating. Luckily I've put my runs at times which have the least impact on everything else, but my body is starting to creak, and I really need to be sharper on recovery if I will have a successful next 6 weeks of training before I taper.

Here are the sessions I did:
Monday: 17 miles- already blogged
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: rest but travel
Thursday: approx 7.5miles treadmill
Friday: approx 3.5 miles treadmill
Saturday: 8 miles outside (phew) with some speedier miles
Sunday: Mother's Day rest

No comments:

Post a Comment