Wednesday 20 February 2013

Week 7 off to a good start

Monday, I did a strength session designed to help minimise risk of knee injury, that I saw in women's running magazine. It looked easy when I read it through, but was actually quite challenging. I think I need to do more core work in general, but I'm still happy that I'm getting some strength work in, because this is what I've really failed on in the past.

Tuesday, I had to wake up even earlier as it was 4 miles rather than 3. 4 miles in the morning was lovely. I spent the first 3 miles still achy from the weekend and wondering if my tight calf was a sign of somethig worse, then everything loosened up in mile 4, making me remember the point of recovery runs. I felt great for the rest of the day but felt very hungry mid morning, just 2 hours after breakfast, so I prepared the mini feast in the picture :-)

Wednesday, I took this day off work. I had a lot of errands to run, so I decided to run them! My 7 miles actually became a 5.5 mile run, a 1 hour break, then a 1.5 mile run. I decided to put kt tape on my weak points before this run, given the high mileage week. Tonight I'm also going to try the sis night recovery product. I probably don't need it ahead of only a 4 mile run tomorrow, but I want to try it out to see if I feel a difference..

So far 11 miles out of 11 target, and 36 for the week. This will be my highest mileage week for a really long time, and I hazard a guess that it might have been the highest mileage week ever- never in the past have I been quite so committed to training. Lets hope I survive it, and come back to next week even stronger!


No comments:

Post a Comment