Monday 18 February 2013

Planning week 7

After 3 weeks of not hitting my training targets in terms of miles run, this is a week to refocus, and reenergise.

I knew week 6 was likely not to be a 100% week, so in anticipation I took a day off in week 7 to ensure I have a maximum chance of completing the target for the week.  I'm finding the weights session is aggravating my knee, so I'm going to switch to doing the squats and lunges without extra weights, or not at all.

Here is the plan for the week:

Monday:  Cross train
Tuesday: 4 miles easy
Wednesday: 7 mile run
Thursday: 4 miles easy
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 7 mile pace run
Sunday: 14 mile long run

Total:  36 miles

I'm going to try the night time recovery drink I bought on Saturday night, and possibly also Friday ahead of the hard sessions for the week.  My pace for a 1:57 half should be 8:56, so that is my goal for Saturday's workout.  I need to find a good route for this, and think practising on the race route is the best plan (if I can find the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment