Saturday 23 February 2013

Getting Speedier :-)

Yipeeee! I did my 7 mile run- was aiming for 8:56 pace as that's my target for Colchester half... I actually couldn't keep it that slow until the last mile and ended up averaging at about 8:45- I actually think I managed my 10k pb (just) in this run, though I can't be sure- wish I could find a 10k local enough that I can just go and test that theory out, but here's my splits:

Mile 1: 8:39
Mile 2: 8:49
Mile 3: 8:31
Mile 4: 8:52 ( had to stop the garmin at a particularly long wait traffic lights, and had a few roads to cross, this messed with pacing for this mile
Mile 5: 8:47
Mile 6: 8:47
Mile 7: 8:50 - trying to make the distance up before having to stop for traffic lights so lots of turning around in this mile, shame because had it been straight and flat out I really would have pushed it.

Put some extra kt tape on my lower leg before the run and it seems to have helped... I think one more piece on the inside will make sure i can get thru tomorrows long one!

No comments:

Post a Comment