Tuesday 23 July 2013

Excited!

This weekend, I'm doing one of the most crazy things I've ever done in running. I'm going camping in Derbyshire with a bunch of other runners to run a 24 relay race known as TR24. And honestly, I can't wait! Since having to give up on my autumn marathon, I've felt my running has lost a bit of focus. And other goals, such as running 1000 miles this year are beginning to slip. Tr24 will be a lot of fun with no particular time goal, so I'm looking to this and the 100 mile bike ride the following weekend to be the turning point that gives me back more focus in my running, so I can get back to training properly.

The cycling has certainly been beneficial, but I just don't enjoy it as much as running, but with the running I've set some other challenges to keep the interest up. I think I need to get back to my rough weekly schedule of this:

Monday: weights- strength and conditioning
Tuesday: early morning easy run
Wednesday evening: medium long run
Thursday evening: easy run
Friday rest
Saturday morning: Parkrun or speed work
Sunday: long run.

After the bike race I have 7 weeks until Ipswich half marathon- I want to see if my recent speed in the 5k and 10k will carry across- so that's the next big goal... Time to build the training plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment