Tuesday 30 April 2013

Taper Time/ Park run

I am now well and truly into the taper, 12 days to go, and I don't think I've gone mad yet.  But I also don't feel raring to go yet.  Did 12 miles on Sunday and legs felt pretty tired afterwards.

I was going to do an easy 4 miles this morning, but I went to bed quite early last night, and slept really well, and when my eyes opened at 6:10, having forgotten to set an alarm for 6am to run,, I felt sooooooo cozy, and I was thinking about getting up, but then I slipped into a dream about a bouncy castle being part of Colchester Castle parkrun course, and it collapsing as I was running through it... by the time I escaped, it was 7am and I had to get ready for work :-D
My whole being feels better for the sleep, though I am starting to suffer hayfever, and although have been on the tablets for 3 days, they don't yet seem very effective...

12 days to go eeek!!!   i need to get more energy.  I need to remember to take my nighttime recovery shakes....
I need to remember not to drink alcohol, or eat bad fats!!! argh, will I keep it up for 12 more days???

No comments:

Post a Comment