Thursday 30 January 2014

Did you know I'm running 5 marathons this year?

What was a slight over-reaction to not being able to do my autumn marathon last year, meant I entered a few marathons... Within the space of about 10 days, when I should have been going through taper-madness, I went through taper-madness withdrawal and entered a few marathons, and then I got a ballot place for London.
When you're doing 4 in a year, you may as well do 5, so when www.stourvalleymarathon.co.uk organisers contacted me, of course I decided to enter that too.  And I might do another if I can get the timing right.  I bumped into an old friend when I only had 2 on the cards, Manchester and London a week apart, and she said with the craziness of that challenge, I ought to raise some money.  I've found it really difficult to consider raising money for a charity so closely connected with my dad's illness until now, and even when I was writing my plea for my virginmoney giving page, I had to stop a few time in tears.  So here it is, please if you feel inclined to give money, then please do, but if not, then spend some time learning about the charity's work on their website.

5 Marathons for Mesothelioma Research

No comments:

Post a Comment