Thursday 31 October 2013

I need to change my training schedule

I'm already finding the transition back to GMT quite tough.  Last year, I perfected my training schedule so that it was very difficult to 'cry off' running because I didn't feel like it, whilst still being able to have a life.
It looks roughly like this:
Monday: X train and strength
Tuesday: Easy RR in the morning
Wednesday: Longer run or speedwork in London after work
Thursday: Easy RR in the evening after taking the train home
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Race pace
Sunday: Long Slow Run

I think it worked as I started the schedule at the start of December, well into the transition.  My rationale for scheduling it this was was that if I was going to miss a run, it was likely to be an easy run on a Thursday night.  At the moment, my Thursday runs are starting to get quite long at 55 minutes.

Right now, I'm contemplating the 55min run that's on my schedule for this evening, thinking it isn't going to happen.  Still at work, looking at the tall buildings of the city against a pitch black sky, that will only get darker (is that possible) by the time I'm home in about 2 hours.
At the moment, I don't have planned running on Saturdays, though I was planning on fitting in a parkrun when I can.  Perhaps I should accept that Thursday night runs aren't going to happen for a while, and jig my schedule around.

Or perhaps I should just get over it and get out there and run?

1 comment:

  1. Don't get too hung up on it, I've been told to have 2 rest days per week so do 3 runs, 1 x PT session, weights and core at home whenever. Make sure it doesn't become a chore :)

    ReplyDelete