Wednesday 16 October 2013

An update

Well, I'm now in week3 of the long marathon buildup, having unfortunately missed 5 training sessions through illness.  I had a very nasty flu that even pretended to be better to the extent I went out for a run.  The run resulted in a very high heart rate and laboured breathing- only 2 miles at 10 minute miles.

The aftermath of the flu means I still require a lot of sleep so my attempt to wake up before work yesterday to do my 30 minute run failed, and I instead had to fit it in in the evening before my sports massage.  This did mean I tried out my new Saucony kit that was given me by Women's running magazine after I did a race review of the Bacchus half.  It's a half zip bright pink top with an attached led light, and it was amazing! My new favourite piece of kit for sure, and even better that I didn't have to pay for it.  I think it retails at £50, which now I've tried it, I can say that is well worth it.

Missed training sessions:

Week1
Sunday: 5 miles with 3 hills
Week 2
Tuesday: 30 min CD
Wednesday: 45 min Acg/CD 2.5-3 miles at pace
Thursday:45 min Acg/ hills
Sunday: 11 miles LSR

I did put in a 2 mile run on Friday last week which means missed mileage is in the region of 26 miles.  I do want to make this up, mindful of my 1000 miles in 2013 goal, but not all at once.  I think I will add in a few park runs, and then perhaps where I have Sunday runs that are below double digits make these up to 10 miles.

Week3 plan:
Tuesday: 30 min CD - done
Wednesday: 40 min Acg/ cd 2 miles @ pace
Thursday: 45 mins Acg/ hills
Sunday: 6 miles with 4 hills

Hopefully I can modify this by adding a Parkrun on Saturday, and taking Sunday's run upto 10 miles

4 comments:

  1. Get well soon!! Ooh and very jelous of your lovely swanky new kit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! New kit is Totes Amaze balls! :-D but the light clip broke last night :-(

      Delete
  2. Get better you, looking very organised on the training plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did my wednesday run with 2 miles at pace, and now the lurgie seems to have returned :-( hopefully my flu vaccination this Saturday will see me right :-)

      Delete