Wednesday 7 August 2013

The double

So, today, I did 2 runs. I missed my easy run yesterday, and I had my sports massage (Aka paid for torture) in the evening, so I was going to fit in both my easy run and tempo run today. I've read a lot about how doing doubles massively improves fitness. I also want to guard against weight gain when I want to eat everything in sight since my bike ride.

The morning was 4 miles easy:

Mile 1: 10:09
Mile 2: 10:06
Mile 3: 9:49
Mile 4: 9:38

The evening was 4 miles tempo (middle 2 miles trying for half marathon pace of 8:20, but didn't have it)


Mile 1: 10:13
Mile 2: 8:59
Mile 3: 8:31
Mile 4: 10:03

During the second run, my legs started to get tight, but hey ho, a nice efficient way to get a recovery run, a tempo run and 8 miles in in a day without being exhausted after :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice workout! Impressed how you did your easy run as a build up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't intentional... just natural as my legs loosened up :)

    ReplyDelete