Friday 9 August 2013

1000 miles in 2013

At the start of the year, after reading something about running, that suggested this was a suitable goal, I decided to set myself the goal of running 1000 miles in 2013.  At the time I had 2 marathons planned for the year, so that shouldn't have been a problem.  Then I found out I had a ballot place for the Ride London, so some of my long runs would inevitably become long rides.  Then I had to forfeit my place in the Bournemouth marathon.  I have quite a few races booked in until the Ipswich Half Marathon on 22nd September, but then nothing until the Colchester Half next March.

Currently I am at a total of 585 miles.  That leaves at least 415 left to run.  There are 144 days left in the year, so 415/144 = average of 2.88 miles per day.  Since I don't run daily, multiplication by 7 gives an average of 20.17 miles in a week.  This would be a light mileage week for marathon training, but relatively high compared to what I've been doing recently.  Still, this week so far I'm on 10 and will make that up to 26 at the weekend.

So, without too much to be careful about, I will be upping my long runs to make sure I exceed this goal.  I don't want to get to Christmas day with 100 miles left to run afterall! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment