Monday 21 September 2015

The time is now

Well... 

Today, I did it!

Today, I entered the Boston Marathon.  

Two and a Half years of work, and it all came down to filling in an online form and paying an entry fee.

Simple right?

WRONG.

It turns out that entries are up on last year.  There are only 5000 places left for us remaining competitors.  At the same stage last year, there were 8000 places left, and 10,000 applied for the spots.  If you were less than 62 seconds quicker than the qualifying standard you didn't make it.

I have 4 minutes 13 seconds leeway- perfect, if I had had that time last year.


Scared!!!

Ah well. If I make it, and even if I don't, I'm in training now.  And the stretch goal I'm training toward is 3:15.... 

This far out its impossible to know how it will go, but my next goal is a London Marathon Championhsip place.  And that means a sub 90 half, or a sub 3:15 marathon...


No comments:

Post a Comment